APPLICATIONS FOR 2019-2021 ARE NOW CLOSED. Please check this website for more information on the next application period 2020-2022 during summer 2019.
UWC Albania Selection Process
Places in UWC are offered on a competitive basis. This application is carefully reviewed by a panel composed of members of the National Committee of UWC Albania, Albanian and foreign alumni of UWC, and international partners of UWC. The application process for 2019-2021 students involves three phases:
- This application form and supporting documents are due on November 15, 2018 at 23:59. Only complete application packages from eligible applicants will be considered. You will be notified by email if your application within two weeks.
- The applications will be reviewed by a panel of Albanian UWC alumni online. All applicants will be interviewed by UWC alumni and staff over VOIP: Skype, Whatsapp, or phone during two weeks in December 2019. Candidates will be allocated an interview time and can choose the mode of communication.
- Short-listed applicants will be invited to submit additional information due in December 2018. These applicants will be invited for a selection weekend that will take place in January - February 2020. The event will take place in Tirana, Albania.
Please Note: Applicants that will not be short-listed will be notified of our decision, which is final. Given the volume of applications, no individual-level feedback will be provided to applicants.
You can submit your completed application on the UWC Albania website starting on October 12, 2018. The completed application should be submitted online at the UWC website: https://uwc.fluidreview.com/. It must include the following documents. Only completed application packages received by November 11th, 2018 at midnight will be reviewed.
An application package must include:
- Completed application form in English
- Scan of your passport or identity card (if you have more than one passport, please submit a scan of all of them);
- Academic report from the previous academic school year;
- Diploma of completed basic education (9-grades);
- Certificates obtained from relevant extracurricular activities.
- References as required in the application form. Please include:
- one recommendation letter from your school principal and
- one letter from the supervisor of one of your preferred extra-curricular activities
- References from friends or family members will not be accepted.
Before you start your application please download and read carefully this document which contains detailed instructions on the online application system. Further, please consult this folder in which you will find more information on the application process and instructions for your recommenders.