In order to apply to the UWC colleges through the Albanian National Committee you must satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants should be 16 or 17 years old as of September 01, 2021
- Have a good command of the English language;
- Have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 8.5 or the equivalent, calculated as follows:
- average of the final subject grades of Grade 11 (for applicants in Grade 12), OR
- average of the final subject grades of Grade 10 (for applicants in Grade 11), OR
- average of the final subject grades of Grade 9 and final exams for applicants in Grade 10;
- Be an Albanian citizen, or be of Albanian descent in a country without a National Committee, or have lived in Albania for the past 5 years;
- A successful applicant should be able to represent Albania (language, culture, etc). Should you not fulfil this criterion, it is possible to apply directly to the colleges as part of an international quota. However, you can only submit one application at a given time.
- Your personality is described by words such as determined, open – minded, bright, curious, collaborative, engaged
- Have an interest in other cultures and ideas and a high motivation to attend a UWC.
Should you not fulfil these criteria, there is still the possibility to apply directly to the colleges as part of an Global Selection Programme or through another National Committee. However, you cannot apply through two different methods in the same year.
The National Committee of Albania understands that every case is different and special circumstances are always taken into consideration. If you are unsure of your status or have any questions about the eligibility criteria please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org