UWC Albania Selection Process 2021-2023
Places in UWC are offered on a competitive basis. This application is carefully reviewed by a panel composed of members of the National Committee of UWC Albania, Albanian and foreign alumni of UWC, and international partners of UWC. The application process for 2021-2023 students involves three phases:
- The application form and supporting documents are due on January 10, 2021. Only complete application packages from eligible applicants will be considered. You will be notified by email if your application is eligible within two weeks.
- The applications will be reviewed by a panel of Albanian UWC alumni online. All applicants will be interviewed by UWC alumni and staff over VOIP: Skype, Whatsapp, or phone during two weeks in February 2021. Candidates will be allocated an interview time and can choose the mode of communication.
- Short-listed applicants will be invited to submit additional documents and participate in a selection weekend in March 2021. This phase of the selection process may be conducted online, due to the current coronavirus pandemic.
Please Note: Applicants that will not be short-listed will be notified of our decision, which is final. Given the volume of applications, no individual-level feedback will be provided to applicants.
The completed application should be submitted online at the UWC website: https://apply.uwc.org. Start by creating a new account using the 'Register' button to the right. Only completed application packages received by January 10 2021 will be reviewed. The application package must include the following documents:
- Completed application form in English
- Scan of your passport or identity card (if you have more than one passport, please submit a scan of all of them);
- Academic report from the previous academic school year;
- Diploma of completed basic education (9-grades);
- Certificates obtained from relevant extracurricular activities.
- One reference letter as required in the application form:
- One recommendation letter from your school principal
- One recommendation letter from the supervisor of one of your preferred extra-curricular activities
- References from friends or family members will not be accepted.